ThinkSport to galvanise innovation in sport with ground-breaking new international event: The SPOT
Have you ever wondered what sport will look like in the future? How technology will change how sport is played, governed and even conceptualised? Look no further than The SPOT, a pioneering new event launched today by ThinkSport that aims to stimulate progress in sport by bringing together the brightest minds and freshest innovations inside and outside the industry.
The inaugural edition of the annual two-day event will take place from 15 to 16 May 2018 at the Swiss Tech Convention Centre in Lausanne, Switzerland, and will focus on the following themes:
1. Connected sport (New Technologies, Data Analytics, Connected Venues)
2. New sport (New Trends, E-sports Global Expansion, E-sports & Sport Governing)
3. Performance & Health (Human Enhancement & Nutrition, New Equipment, Materials & Designs, Sport Innovations & Knowledge Transfer)
4. Media & Marketing (AI & Cloud, OTT & Sponsors, Digital Security)
The SPOT will be anything but your ordinary conference:
- at the Marketplace and the Demo Zone, participants will be able to present and discover brand new products and solutions;
- numerous networking opportunities will make The SPOT the birthplace of new cross-sector partnerships and projects; and
- an untraditional conference and workshop format, created to connect participants with pioneers in innovation for challenging conversations and inspired thinking.
The event is being organised jointly by ThinkSport and the Swiss Tech Convention Centre, with the following academic and public partners: the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne (EPFL), the University of Lausanne (UNIL) and the Canton of Vaud.
Anna Hellman, Director of ThinkSport, said on the occasion of the announcement: “At a global level, Switzerland ranks very high in innovation and competitiveness, with a particular strength in technology output. At the same time, our region is the undisputed nerve centre of international sport, with a unique concentration of international sports organisations, academic excellence and innovative businesses. The SPOT will pool and leverage these strengths. Our aim is to provoke new approaches, strategies and partnerships, aimed at benefitting active people and the future of sport. It is pretty exciting to be working on this event.”
The SPOT will also feature an international start-up contest. Young companies will be invited to sign up with their business ideas before the event. The shortlisted start-ups will pitch their ideas in front of an audience that will include investors during the final at The SPOT.
Whether you come from the sport industry or other sectors, from Switzerland or abroad, The SPOT will be a must-attend event for everybody with an interest or stake in sport, physical activity and technology and for those keen to think outside the box.
Save the date now and check out www.thespot2018.org to learn more about The SPOT and secure an early bird rate by registering before 15 February 2018.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, +41 21 601 15 80